Dagny's Real Estate
A step-by-step guide to buying a home, and how we will help you transition to the next phase of your life, seamlessly!
1 Preparing for the Search 2 Searching for Your Home 3 Negotiating with Sellers
4 Getting a Mortgage 5 Closing & Moving In
Before looking for a home, it is important to know what to look for. Our job is to ask you the right questions and to help you understand:
What you want...
What you need...
How much you can afford...
Do you have an idea of how much you can afford? If not, our team of experts can direct you to lenders who can review your finances and get you pre-approved.
Now that we know what we are looking for, the search begins!
By registering on our site, you can set you up a custom search and receive updates
You will be able to:
With your list of homes, we are ready for the fun part... Schedule private showings
As you walk through the homes, our agents will educate you on what what to look for, like:
- If needed, we can call experts & contractors to get 3rd party opinions and quotes
Our agents prefer to walk with you through homes, to ensure that nothing is missed, which can happen if you go to open houses on your own.
Dagny is like Sherlock Holmes! We were in the basement of a home, and it looked great. The seller had just painted it. Dagny looked closer and caught on to why! By looking closely at the walls, she could tell that the basement had been flooded and we used that to help determine our offer. (Marilyn T.)
Once you decide on a home, we will:
- Make an offer & negotiate
- We focus on the initial price, contingencies, closing date, and also on the terms for the mortgage, inspection and appraisal.
- Sign the binder contract
- Sign a binder contract with the seller
- Need a check from you for 1% of the sales price as earnest money, to be deposited in the broker's escrow account
- Conduct an inspection
- We will bring a vetted licensed inspector to go through the entire home. This is your opportunity to learn everything about the house, good and bad
- Once the full inspection is done, we will negotiate on what the seller will have to fix before the close (these items will be completed before close)
- Sign the P&S (Purchase & Sale) contract
- With our vetted real estate lawyer by your side, all of the final terms will be put in the P&S contract, which you and the seller will sign
- At this point you will be asked to provide another check for a 9% down payment to the sellers' attorney's escrow account
While you can certainly start working with lenders earlier, at this time you will need to secure any necessary financing
To begin work on financing:
We can provide you with a vetter mortgage broker to help you through this process
- Have the mortgage broker start the paperwork
- The lender will order an appraisal
- If the appraisal comes in too low, the mortgage company will not cover the agreed upon price. If this happens we will negotiate with the sellers to lower the price so you will not have to pay more out of pocket.
Once the mortgage is secured, the lender will give you the clear-to-close, and at that point the seller will have approximately one week to pack and move
Before you closing the deal, we will complete one final walkthrough to make sure that everything with the house is in order and all negotiated repairs are completed to satisfaction
MOVE INTO YOUR NEW HOME!!!
Dagny's Real Estate
Dagny Eason Chat Now
Please let me know how can I help you.