Fall is here in Wilton, CT, and frost is in the air tonight. We have had a very mild fall so far. We have brought out our "Greenhouse Umbrellas" to cover our pots, so we can enjoy the flowers just a little bit longer.
It's time to:
1. Clean your gutters
2. Cover your pools
3. Lower your storm windows
4. Insulate around your air conditioners
5. Take your snow blower for a tune up
6. Place your snow markers around the edges of the driveway
7. Service your furnace
8. Check your tires for tread for the snow
9. Stock your woodpile for your cozy winter fires
10. Check your home for drafts - doors, windows, around outlets, and around ceiling lights
The leaves are beginning to turn and fall in New England, but this year seems to be different. The effect of Hurricane Irene on our leaves here in Wilton CT is profound.
The hurricane brought a lot of salt in the air, and the salt seems to have burned the leaves and left them not only shredded from the wind, but also browned and singed from the salt. So we are facingthe "nip" in the air, and the "sad sack" colors for the first time that I can ever remember.
Usually, Wilton's fall colors are magnificent - reds, oranges, brilliant yellows, and everything in between.
Don't Forget to Get Ready For The Winter!