Norwalk CT Real Estate
The city of Norwalk CT is located right the beautiful Connecticut shoreline in Fairfield County. With it's own harbor and several neighborhoods which are unique in their own; the neighborhoods include Bell Island , Broad River , Brookside , Cranbury , East Norwalk , Harborview , Rowayton , Sasque Hills , Silvermine , West Norwalk , Wilson Point and Wolfpit. Norwalk CT was incorporated in 1651 and according to the 2010 census has a population of rouhgly 85,600 residents, making Norwalk Sixth in the greatest city in population size in Connecticut. Norwalk has a large harbor for recreational and commercial use and was once nick named "Oyster Town", because of its importance in farming for oysters; each year Norwalk hods its Oyster Festival. Norwalk is bordered by the surrounding towns of Darien, New Canaan, Wilton, Weston and Westport.
Are you interested in moving to Norwalk CT ?
Norwalk Public Schools :
Brookside Elementary School
Columbus Magnet School
Cranbury Elementary School
Fox Run Elementary School
Jefferson Science Magnet School
Kendall Elementary School
Marvin Elementary School
Naramake Elementary School
Rowayton Elementary School
Silvermine Elementary School
Tracey Elementary School
Wolfpit Elementary School
Nathan Hale Middle School
Roton Middle School
West Rocks Middle School
Brien McMahon High School
Briggs High School
Center for Global Studies
Norwalk High School
August 2014 Real Estate Market Update
For the Connecticut real estate market, Norwalk CT offers more variety in homes than any other town in Fairfield County. From the secluded beautiful areas of Wilson Point and Rowayton along the shoreline to the beautiful inland neighborhood of Cranbury, Norwalk has so much to offer anyone interested in owning a home in this area.
To gain more insight to how well Norwalk CT performs, here is information on the Average Sales Price of homes sold in Norwalk CT per month over the past 3 years.
This image is a graph of the average sale price of homes sold in Norwalk CT per month over the past 3 years.
- Based on data the average price for homes sold in Norwalk CT remains steady and stable. This information is great to know when interested selling your home in Norwalk or if you are interested in relocating to the area.
- In August 2011 the average price for homes sold in Norwalk CT were roughly $499,300
- By July 2013 of this year the average price for homes sold in Norwalk was roughly $500,000
Now lets take a look at the number of homes sold in Norwalk over those 3 years, from August 2011 to July 2014, in order to get a better idea of how many homes are being listed and are available to buy and also how quickly your how may be able to sell.
This image is a graph of the number of homes sold in Norwalk Ct per month over the past 3 years.
- A total of 2399 homes were sold in Norwalk CT between August 2011 and July 2014
- 663 homes were sold in Norwalk between August 2011 and July 2012
- 862 homes were sold in Norwalk between August 2012 and July 2013
- 874 homes were sold in Norwalk Between August 2013 and July 2014
It is incredible to see how well Norwalk CT homes sell
( Map of Norwalk CT )