Ridgefield CT Real Estate
The beautiful community of Ridgefield CT is always vibrant within the real estate market, with homes being bought and sold. Ridgefield CT was founded in 1709, the 300-year-old community had a population of 24,600 at the 2010 census. Ridgefield is located on the New York border in Fairfield County and surrounded by the towns of Danbury, Redding and Wilton. For any commuter Ridgefield sits along the easily assessable Route 7, which leads to I-95 and the Merritt Parkway when heading south. Several Metro North Railroad lines are located near by, with a Branchville train station located on the south end of town and the Katonah train station located in Katonah, NY; the drive from Ridgefield to Katonah is about 15 minutes.
( Picture of the Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum in Ridgefield CT )
Schools in Ridgefield CT ?
If you are interested in relocating to Ridgefield then here is a list of the schools to take a look at:
Elementary School :
Barlow Mountain Elementary School
Branchville Elementary School
Farmingville Elementary School
Ridgebury Elementary School
Scotland Elementary School
Veterans Park Elementary School
Middle School :
East Ridge Middle School
Scotts Ridge Middle School
High School :
Ridgefield High School
August 2014 Real Estate Market Update
Taking a look at how Ridgefield CT real estate has performed over the past 3 years, you will notice how secure the real estate selling market is in Ridgefield.
This image shows a graph of the average sale price for homes sold in Ridgefield CT
- Over the past 3 years in Ridgefield, the selling price of homes has been very stable
- In August 2011 the average sales price for a home in Ridgefield was roughly $1.4 Million and ending last month in July 2014 around $925,000
Ridgefield is great town for selling your current home or if interested in relocating to the area.
Interested in relocating to Ridgefield ?
Now lets take a look at how often homes are sold in Ridgefield to gain a better idea of the likelihood of your home being sold.
This image shows a graph of the average number of homes sold per month over the past 3 years in Ridgefield CT
- A total of 768 homes were sold in Ridgefield Ct between August 2011 and July 2014
- 221 homes were sold in Ridgefield CT between August 2011 to July 2012
- 278 homes were sold in Ridgefield CT between August 2012 to July 2013
- 268 homes were sold in Ridgefield CT between August 2013 to July 2014
- In Ridgefield CT there is seasonality to the number of homes sold, this the most sales taking place in the months of April, May, June, July and August. Keep in mind that speaking with a Realtor to buy or sell your home will open up a wave of opportunities and homes to look at so begin asking the right questions for your home with the right real estate agent. Visit Dagnys Real Estate .
- Overall the real estate market in Ridgefield CT for homes sold is increasing, demonstrating how desirable Ridgefield CT is for buying your new home or selling your current one.
Interested in searching for homes for sale in Ridgefield CT ?
( Map of Ridgefield CT 06877 )